Why the Power of 10?
- The Great Wall Challenge – in 2006, he and Braam Malherbe were the first people in recorded history to run the full length of the Great Wall of China (4 200km in 98 days)
- SA Coastal Challenge – in 2008 he and Braam ran the entire coastline of South Africa, from Namibia to Mozambique (3 300km in 80 days)
- Madagascar Challenge – in 2010 he paddled solo from Africa to Madagascar (500km in 11 days) and then ran across Madagascar (2 000km in 66 days)
- India Challenge – in 2011 David and Andy ran across India, north to south (4 008km in 93 days)
- UK Challenge – in 2012 David and Andy ran the length of the UK from John O’Groats to Lands End
- Cuba Challenge – in 2014 David and Andy achieved another first, running from Guantanamo Bay near San Antanio in the south east to Punte Messi in the north-west of Cuba (1 800km in 28 days)
- And now it’s the Thailand Challenge: 1 100km, from Bangkok to Ban Tham village in the north of the country near the Burmese border. Once there, they’ll run the 100km Thailand Ultra Marathon, rated by Red Bull as the fifth toughest ultra in Asia.
- sms SMILES to 39051 and you will be contributing R25
- click on the Cipla Foundation donation page and donate an amount of your choice: CLICK HERE TO DONATE