Chocolate, nuts, no sugar, raw, and damn delicious – these bars have it all!
* And for those of you who look for the V sign, they happily tick the vegan box too.
moist dates (pitted and chopped) 300g
raw cashews 280g
raw almonds 60g
cocoa powder 90g
coconut (desiccated) 40g
vanilla essence 2 tsp
cold water 2-3T
- Line a rectangular glass or metal baking dish (roughly 29 x 12cm or similar) with foil.
- Mix dates, cashews, almonds, cocoa and salt in a food processor until the texture is coarse.
- Add the coconut with one quick pulse.
- Add the vanilla essence and a little of the water at a time until the mixture achieves a moist doughy consistency.
- Scrape the dough mixture (which is very sticky by now) into the foiled dish, press it evenly, and chill in fridge for a few hours.
*I keep these in the freezer. Great for trail-fuelling or for school lunch boxes.