I’m a monster fan of peanut butter – it’s wicked stuff, so I make sure I only ever buy the less evil version: without added salt or sugar. (Why anyone would want to add sugar to peanut butter anyway is quite beyond me.)
These are a great two-bite snack for anytime eating when you’re on the go – whether on a car trip or on the trail.
1 cup rolled oats
120g pitted dates
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 T protein powder (I use PeptoPro, but whey powder also works)
150g peanut butter
1 t water (only if needed)
- Combine the oats, dates, coconut and protein powder in a food processor or with a blender stick until a crumbly texture.
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until thoroughly combined. (It’ll be quite a workout…so add the tsp of water if needed.
- Scoop out the dough using a tsp, rolling each into balls – the mixture should make about 15-18 smallish ones.
- Roll them in coconut or chopped nuts, or leave them plain.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week – if you can resist them that long, that’s impressive!