This recipe is close to my heart – it was given to me years ago by the owner of a wonderful wholefoods deli that made the most incredible food. Sadly, the deli is no more, but fortunately this recipe remains, and will live forever.
1.2kg rolled oats
265g sunflower seeds
135g sesame seeds
135g almond slivers
110g hazelnuts, toasted
110g cashews, roasted
110g sunflower oil
260g soft apricots, chopped
100g coconut shavings (optional)
- Mix oats, seeds and nuts in a large bowl.
- Heat oil and honey until just melted and pour over the dry mixture. Mix well.
- Spread evenly into two deep baking trays or casserole dishes.
- Bake at 200°C for 50 mins, tossing the mixture every 10-15 min until fully golden.
- Remove from oven and mix in the sultanas, apricots and coconut.
- Once cool, store in airtight container.