There’s nothing quite like sinking your teeth into a chunky, crunchy muesli cookie that tastes of all things real and wholesome.
That’s why I love these – they’re crunchy yet chewy, and they really hit the spot.
100g Muscavado sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
130g wholemeal flour
160g rolled oats
½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup chopped dried fruit (I use sultanas and chopped soft apricots)
½ cup chopped nuts (I use pecan and almond)
½ cup seeds (I use a mix of sunflower, sesame and flax)
¼ cup desiccated coconut (optional) (or use more if you’re a coconut fan!)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, honey and vanilla essence, and beat well.
- Mix in the flour, oats, baking powder and salt (hand mix preferably – it’ll be tough going, but more effective).
- Add the nuts, seeds and coconut, and mix well.
- Shape into balls, place on tray and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack, before devouring.
Makes about 24.
Store in an airtight container… if they last that long.